(P01) $22.30 - $36.23 an hour     $46,384.00 - $75,358.40 a year|
BENEFITS: 40-hour work week; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; medical and life insurance. State of Florida Incentive Plan, maximum available $1,560 per year.
Age: Minimum Age: 21 years.
Citizenship: Applicant must be a United States Citizen.
License: Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Certification: Possession of a State of Florida Certification as a Law Enforcement Officer – or – current enrollment in a Law Enforcement Basic Recruit Training Program approved by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission. (Proof of active participation in the Certification Training Program is required to process the employment application. Proof of successful completion of the Basic Recruit Training and State Certification exam results are required to be eligible for employment.
For out-of-state Police Officers and Military Police candidates, Equivalency for Certification is required. Contact the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at 850/410-8600 (www.fdle.state.fl.us/cjst/officerrequirements/equivalency.html) for information on the Equivalency of Training process.
QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Possession of an Associate’s Degree or completion of 2 years of college coursework from an accredited college or university (60-semester or 90-quarter hours);- OR-
- High-school diploma and three (3) years of prior law enforcement or corrections experience at a department of medium-to-large size; - OR -
- High-school diploma and three (3) years of full-time, active military experience; - OR -
- High-school diploma and five (5) years of experience as a member of the Tampa Police Department Reserve Force; - OR -
- An equivalent combination of college education, related work experience, or TPD Reserve Force experience.
- State of Florida Certificate of Compliance as a Law Enforcement Officer or proof of current enrollment in the Basic Recruit Training Program.
- High-School Diploma or College Transcript
- Birth Certificate
- DD214 - Military Discharge (if applicable)
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
Note: Applicants will not be eligible for Police Officer until copies of all required documents have been submitted to the City of Tampa Employment Services Office.
- Evaluation of Training and Experience
- Physical Abilities Test (pass/fail)
- Background Investigation (to include polygraph)
APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR EMPLOYMENT MUST PASS:
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination administered by City designated physicians
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening (Officers are subject to random drug testing after employment with the City of Tampa.)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 13, 2012.
Revised: 5-26-06; 9-1-06; 1-25-07; 10-11-07 (007451)
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
12/12/2012 will not be processed.