(N35) $54,724.80 - $82,035.20 a year|
BENEFITS: Annual leave, sick leave; paid holidays; pension plan; medical and life insurance.
JOB CODE: 000972
The Applications Systems Analyst - Web Developer is responsible for performing a variety of assignments in the City of Tampa Web Services section /Enterprise Applications Integration division. Tasks include development of new web-enabled facilities for deployment on the Cityís Internet and Intranet sites, as well as upgrades and maintenance of existing facilities. An ASA must exhibit initiative and independent judgment in completing assigned tasks and meeting time constraints. Work is performed on project teams and is reviewed while in progress and upon completion through prepared documentation and design reviews.
Examples of possible assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Developing web 2.0 facilities(wikis, blogs, podcasts, RSS feeds),
- Developing electronic notification subscriptions,
- Gaining an understanding of City business systems/applications including functionality, environmental infrastructure and operational procedures/processes;
- Managing collections of multimedia files (audio, video, photos);
- Analyzing user/system requirements to prepare succinct and complete Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) as part of an initiative to purchase a package software solution;
- Displaying and maintaining real-time schedules; virtual tours, online mapping integration, classic ASP to .NET application conversions.
- Consulting with team members to ensure the effective transition of user/systems requirements into the design process and the completed design into the development/implementation process;
- Maintaining working knowledge and expertise in City business applications.
- Assisting in the development of standards and procedures for quality processes, templates, checklists, roles/responsibilities and performance metrics with in the design discipline.
- Performing other related duties.
Working knowledge of: ASP.NET (Visual Studio 2003/2005), C#, classic ASP, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (T-SQL and stored procedures), sound knowledge of HTML, Cascading Style Sheets, Java Script, and appropriate use of web graphics.
Ability to: analyze user/system requirements, conduct independent research to prepare concise detailed design documents; assess existing procedures and processes to determine changes required to support new functionality; perform duties associated with the evaluation and selection of package software; express concepts, ideas, and concerns clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in computer science or a related field. One (1) year experience in business systems analysis or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Examples and live, online demonstration of work products will be requested that reflect technology use and user interface design.
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS: FrontPage2003, experience with Google Earth Enterprise, Visual Studio 2008 and Team Foundation, Visual Source Safe, Microsoft IIS, XML, Adobe Flash, ability to optimize media for web deployment, web usability and accessibility, familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies and deployment strategies.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 9, 2010. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
To make it easier to edit or update your application we suggest you register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. It is important that the application you submit is complete and the information you provide on the application clearly demonstrates you possess the minimum job qualifications. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications may be e-mailed to email@example.com for attachment to your on-line application. Please reference the job code for all attachments e-mailed to the site.
Posted: 6-25-10 (000972)
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/9/2010 will not be processed.