(S16) $54,724.80 - $82,035.20 a year|
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENT CITY OF TAMPA EMPLOYEES.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for:Ensuring the efficiency, productivity and effective performance of a team in the Wastewater Collections DivisionProviding effective coaching, training and motivation to team members.
The Wastewater Department collects, treats and disposes of more than 50 million gallons of wastewater per day from over 98,000 customers in Tampa and its immediate suburbs.
- Establishing performance measures; evaluating team performance; coaching and motivating team members; ensuring team member growth and development; assisting with the resolution of team conflicts; dealing with personnel issues; administering discipline when required.
- Monitoring and supporting field operations; coordinating job assignments; monitoring and evaluating work practices; conducting safety reviews.
- Co-developing, reviewing, and implementing plans with other teams, groups and leaders.
- Maintaining a continuous 30-day forecast of resources and projects.
- Participating in weekly team meetings.
- Attending quarterly round table evaluations with other team leaders.
- Reinforcing and supporting the use of business, technical, and team skills within the work unit.
- Communicating needs and expectations.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of pumps, sewer cleaners, TV inspections trucks and general construction/support equipment.
- Knowledge of team dynamics, performance management, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of a major metropolitan wastewater system along with an understanding of the methods, techniques, and equipment used to construct, maintain, inspect, replace and repair the various components.
- Ability to motivate, organize, and to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Skill in coaching, peer assessment, team building, managing diversity, facilitation, problem solving, conflict resolution, and providing feedback.
- Skill in MS Office including Word, Excel and Access, and e-mail technology.
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) software.
- Class ďAĒ Wastewater Collection Technician Certificate.
- DOT Ė Advanced Maintenance of Traffic Certificate.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school or vocational school; plus, five (5) years experience in leading or working in a team environment, preferably with wastewater collections or comparable industrial experience; or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driverís license. Florida Commercial Driverís License is preferred.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Selected candidate must be able to pass a Federal background investigation for Port of Tampa access.
TO APPLY: be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 8, 2012. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/8/2012 will not be processed.