(020) $15.27 - $21.65 an hour     $31,761.60 - $45,032.00 a year|
JOB CODE: 007481
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform responsible work in the receipt, safe storage and release of police property in a manner which preserves the chain of evidence.
- Taking custody of and safekeeping of all money, property and other valuables, including automobiles, bicycles, etc., as well as small items, that come into the hands of the Police Department as evidence, by confiscation, or by recovery of lost and stolen articles.
- Recording information regarding articles received using a computer database.
- Performing computer searches.
- Releasing lost, stolen and recovered property to proper owners.
- Maintaining records and preparing receipts.
- Working rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Acting as a courier, transporting evidence from the districts to police headquarters.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of sound records keeping methods and storekeeping practices.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, and procedures employed in the storage and issuance of evidence and other materials.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain property control records in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures.
- Ability to perform work requiring moderate physical exertion.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently utilize computers, calculators and adding machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officers, other personnel, and the general public.
QUALIFICATIONS: High-school or vocational-school graduation and one (1) year experience in the storage
and issuance of materials and supplies, preferably in a secured storage situation -OR – (1) year related clerical or records keeping experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Must be able to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License.
EXAMINATION: Written Test (Time Limit: 1 hour). Submit your application for employment, then call Employment Services at 813-274-8911 to determine if you meet the job qualifications, and, if so, to schedule your exam date and time.
Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing. Candidates considered for employment must pass a thorough background investigation including, but not limited to education, work history, and criminal background.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, your application must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 13, 2013; applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/13/2013 will not be processed.