(N33) $50,003.20 - $74,963.20 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
- Performs a variety of budget-related assignments of more than average difficulty in a centralized budget and financial planning office.
- Prepares and controls the cityís annual operating, capital improvement, and program budgets by compiling and analyzing federal, state, and local financial data.
- Formulates, analyzes, and controls individual departmental and/or federal program budget.
- Makes budget projections; suggests cost cutting measures; reviews expenditure requests; and, prepares various financial reports.
- Develops recommendations regarding approval, disapproval, or modification of budget based upon conformance to strategic initiatives, established goals and objectives.
- May be required to act as a lead analyst and to inform or advise less experienced personnel of budget processes and procedures.
- Exercises reasonable initiative and independent judgment in ensuring that timely, efficient and effective centralized budgeting services are provided to departments, selecting work methods and performing assigned tasks.
- Work is reviewed through oral and written reports, discussion, and results obtained.
- Performs other related duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in accounting, finance, public or business administration or a related field and one (1) year of governmental budgetary/finance experience or three (3) years of private sector budgetary/finance experience, with experience in the operation of computers for development of spreadsheets and other documents.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment medical examinations.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATONS: To be considered for this position, your application must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 8, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/8/2013 will not be processed.