(018) $14.10 - $20.06 an hour     |
Part-time: 25 hours
BENEFITS: Option to join the City’s health and dental programs at full-cost; paid holidays, pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans, plus those benefits required by law such as social security and worker’s compensation.
JOB CODE: 761001
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing assignments that includes fingerprinting, photographing, and maintaining related files and records.
- Processing civil applications utilizing the Live Scan.
- Taking fingerprints for non-criminal requests such as weapons permits, job applicants, employee identification/licensing requirements for businesses.
- Maintaining fingerprint files.
- Photographing individuals for identification cards.
- Performing data entry into the computer after the fingerprints are scanned.
- Providing other law enforcement agencies with information and photographs from identification files.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of fingerprint procedures; records keeping techniques.
- Ability to file and maintain accurate fingerprint and photographic records.
- Ability to operate photographic and fingerprinting equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow precise oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
- Ability to handle confidential information according to procedures in order to maintain their security.
- Skill in the operation and maintenance of photographic and fingerprinting equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school preferably with one (1) year of experience in data entry, office or other work involving routine use of a computer; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Completion of an approved fingerprint training course or Crime Scene Technician certification is preferred.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Candidates considered for employment must pass a thorough background investigation including, but not limited to education, work history, and criminal background. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, your application must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 9, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/9/2013 will not be processed.