(025) $18.52 - $26.37 an hour     $38,521.60 - $54,849.60 a year|
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate is responsible for customer service and technical work involving processing applications for wastewater service and other customer service and billing support functions.
- Serving as the permitting liaison to process wastewater related requirements for permits initiated through the
- Construction Service Division and Hillsborough County Building Department.
- Working directly with customers (phone, e-mail and walk-ins) to explain and assist with the requirements for submitting applications for wastewater service, accepting and processing the applications, determining and collecting related fees;
- Performing research to determine methods and requirements to obtain wastewater service; discussing and providing related information to assists customers, engineers and developers on the methods and improvements to provide wastewater service to proposed projects;
- Recording, updating and maintaining the service request database used for tracking developer projects.
- Performing various accounting tasks associated with the collection and determination of wastewater disposal charges and other fees, including: initiating and updating utility account information needed to activate and maintain new and existing utility accounts; reviewing and processing billing data required for special user accounts and other accounts with specialized billing; preparing and issuing related invoices; collecting and processing information needed to establish new special user accounts and other accounts with specialized billing;
- Serving as Department liaison for new and existing special user accounts; assisting with the review and resolution of billing disputes and account adjustments;
- Performing various customer service and other support duties as needed.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, and equipment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of utility construction permitting; municipal rules, regulations and ordinances relating to commercial wastewater service. Knowledge of basic building and utilities construction. Knowledge of state regulations relating to wastewater services. Ability to read and interpret plans and applications and provide guidance to customers. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with accuracy. Ability to read and comprehend codes and requirements. Ability to complete forms and other documents.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school and three (3) years of administrative or technical experience (drafting, surveying, plans review or other construction technology) to include permit processing and support; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 31, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/31/2013 will not be processed.