(022) $15.97 - $22.67 an hour     $33,217.60 - $47,153.60 a year|
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITH THE CITY OF TAMPA.
POSITION PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform work driving heavy trucks and operating complex construction/maintenance equipment.
- Operating complex construction/maintenance motorized equipment in support of departments’ maintenance or construction activities.
- Performing a considerable amount of manual and unskilled laboring tasks, using hand and power tools, either separate from or in conjunction with the equipment being operated
- Operating specialty construction/maintenance equipment on a relief basis or in a training capacity, as well as act as lead worker over lower level equipment operators and laboring personnel.
- Performing minor maintenance and servicing on vehicle/equipment.
- Performing tasks at times under hazardous conditions.
- Performing additional related duties.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of operational and minor maintenance characteristics of complex motorized construction/maintenance equipment; traffic Knowledge of laws, occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions.
- Knowledge of the use and care of hand and power tools and equipment related to assigned areas.
- Knowledge of the city and its geography.
- Ability to perform work requiring physical strength and endurance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to acquire skill and develop proficiency in the operation of motorized specialty construction/maintenance equipment.
- Ability to act in a lead capacity over lower level operators and laboring personnel.
- Skill and ability to demonstrate proficiency in the operation of complex motorized construction/maintenance equipment.
- Skill in the use and care of hand and power tools related to assigned areas.
Completion of elementary school and three (3) years experience in operating heavy trucks and/or moderately complex motorized construction/maintenance equipment, including formal training or six (6) months experience in operating complex construction/maintenance equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Special Qualifications: Must have a sound knowledge base in asphalt street resurfacing and roadway construction. Must have the ability to perform general asphalt labor work as required, and operate the following heavy equipment in conjunction with asphalt street resurfacing and roadway construction:
Possession of a valid Florida Commercial Driver's License Class “A” with HAZMAT And Tanker Endorsements Is Required For This Position (Submit photocopy of the CDL with the application.)
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience.
(A Supplemental Training & Experience Form must be submitted with the employment application.)
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 31, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/31/2013 will not be processed.