(N35) $54,724.80 - $82,035.20 a year|
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for the implementation for various traffic signal design plans and operations of the traffic signal computer system.
- Reviewing the traffic signal system design plans and reporting and coordinating project phases.
- Reviews traffic signal controller timings and traffic signal coordination timings and ensures timings meet current standards.
- Operates and maintains the Metro Traffic Control System (MTCS) and Centracs Traffic Signal (CTSS) Systems.
- Investigates and responds to customer service issues relative to traffic signal timings.
- Serves as utility coordinator for requests and surveys involving the City of Tampa's Traffic Signal System.
- Performs traffic signal on-site construction inspections.
- Prepares repair and new traffic signal installation specifications and engineering and construction cost estimates for bid and contractual purposes.
- Formulates project plans or procedures, researches the use of new materials,
- Coordinates activities, and assists in the design of the Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) to achieve policy based objectives improving the efficiency, safety, and reliability of signalized intersections and crosswalks.
- Completes traffic signal timing models, studies, and calculations and prepares plans and reports of findings and recommendations.
- Coordinates work requests and plans within the department, other municipal departments and outside sources, such as contractors, engineering firms, and governmental agencies.
- Reads and interprets traffic signal construction plans, technical drawings and diagrams to determine conformance and compliance with federal and state regulations and standards and local municipal codes.
- Transition the traffic signal reporting program to an electronic reporting system utilizing AutoCADD, Maplnfo, and the GIS Server.
- Coordinates activities involving reversing the Selmon Expressway Reversible Lanes per the agreement with the Hillsborough County Expressway Authority.
- Assists with the design and implementation of special events traffic signal timing plans to ensure maximum traffic flow.
- Coordinates the implementation of the Traffic Control Plan (TCP)with Tampa Police Department and Department of Public Works to ensure implementation for special events.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in engineering, preferably related to the area of assignment, and one (1) year engineering experience. An acceptable transcript of college coursework/credits may be requested.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: : A bachelorís degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and one (1) year experience in operating traffic signal systems is preferred.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Driverís License.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of September 19. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
9/19/2013 will not be processed.