(024) $17.80 - $25.37 an hour     $37,024.00 - $52,769.60 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected applicant will be responsible for performing technical accounting and financial records keeping duties in a centralized accounting division.
- Verifying posting media, including journal entries for completeness and conformance with standard practices.
- Preparing financial summaries and reports.
- Reviewing, verifying and reconciling ledgers, registers, and bank statements as well as tracing transactions to correct errors and facilitate reconciliations.
- Preparing, maintaining and updating control reports and cost accounting records.
- Preparing and submitting journal entries and posting income, payments, charges, and disbursements to ledger accounts using computer system.
- Reconciling payroll and related transactions to general ledger; reviews departmental payroll attendance records and balances payroll.
- Updating insurance deduction registers and related records; ensures payment of insurance cost to companies; issues insurance certificates.
- Verifying and processing appropriate fleet maintenance paperwork for registration, title and assigning vehicle numbers and tag issuing.
- Preparing specifications and requisitions for parts, equipment and materials.
- Processing and maintaining records of fixed assets purchase with federal funds, ensuring conformance with federal regulations.
- Participating and coordinating departmental inventories of fixed assets; arranging for disposal/transfer of assets.
- Receiving and verifying amounts of money, preparing deposits, maintaining petty cash.
- Delivering, distributing and collecting mail, supplies and other materials.
- Compiling requested reports utilizing appropriate financial data.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of financial records keeping principles, practices and methods and FAMIS (Financial Accounting Management Information Systems) and ADPICS (Advanced Purchase Inventory Control Systems).
- Knowledge of accounting practices and methods as well as laws, rules and regulations applicable to financial records keeping for municipal government.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete technical operating records.
- Ability to review financial transaction records for accuracy, completeness and conformance to standard accounting practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain financial records keeping systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to perform mathematical operations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to perform physical inventory.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment and computers.
QUALIFICATIONS:Graduation from an accredited high school, supplemented by college level course work in accounting or a closely related field, and six (6) months of responsible financial records keeping experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
EXAMINATION: Written Test (Time Limit: 1-1/2 hours). Drug testing is included in all pre-employment medical examinations. Photo Identification is required at time of testing.
TEST DATES & TIMES: First, submit your application for employment; next, contact Employment Services at
813-274-8911 to verify you meet the minimum job qualifications; then, schedule a test date and time.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of September 25, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
9/25/2013 will not be processed.