(018) $14.10 - $20.06 an hour     $29,328.00 - $41,724.80 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plan; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected applicant will be responsible for instructing participants in the technical fundamentals of gymnastics and tumbling at an assigned recreation area.
- Planning, promoting, organizing, and teaching tumbling and gymnastic activities.
- Preparing participants for gymnastics meets, setting up gymnasium for all activities and traveling with the gymnastics team.
- Provides assistance to instructors in the development of plans for classes and competition.
- Organizing fund-raising projects.
- Conducting safety talks and monitoring latest safety codes to facilitate compliance by employees.
- Ordering and maintaining necessary equipment.
- Collecting dues and completes financial records.
- Maintaining accurate records; promoting good public relations with community.
- Working varying schedules to include nights and weekends.
- Performing additional duties relating to the successful execution of this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: High-school graduation and completion of one (1) year of college with one (1) year experience in teaching gymnastics; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Note: An acceptable transcript of college coursework/credits may be requested.
Possession of: a current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR certificate, or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of employment. U.S.A. Gymnastics Safety Certification within one (1) year of appointment. Possession of a valid Florida Driverís License may be required.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: (Photocopies of licenses/certificates must be submitted with application.)
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment medical processing. Employee selected must have character suitable for this position. A background investigation and polygraph examination will be conducted on the candidate selected for employment.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of September 30, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
9/30/2013 will not be processed.