(019) $13.56 - $19.27 an hour     $28,204.80 - $40,081.60 a year|
JOB CODE: 750200
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plan; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected individual will be responsible for performing computer entry tasks at the Tampa Police Department.
- Operates terminals to make inquiries into data systems for wanted information.
- Converts information for computer application.
- Enters converted information into a computer by use of terminals.
- Cancels entries when they are located or no longer wanted.
- Prepares information received from the system and routes to requesting sources.
- Receives requests for information from police officers over the telephone.
- Obtains information requested from rotary and warrant files.
- Completes record checks requested by radio room personnel on articles, vehicles and persons;.
- Prepares pick-up or cancellation orders.
- Maintains log of offenses, stolen articles and missing persons.
- Prepares shift-by-shift listing of pick-ups on felons and routes to appropriate divisions.
- Compiles files of teletype messages and routes to appropriate division.
- Types cards on stolen vehicles, stolen or lost tags, felons or missing persons.
- Types and distributes copies of daily bulletin, which is a compilation of pick-ups, repossessions and wanted persons.
- Selects appropriate Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) category and converts Florida Statutes to UCR code to report crimes in the city to Florida Department of Law Enforcement and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Employees may be required to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer, printers and various software packages.
- Knowledge of computer entry practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of effective communications techniques.
- Knowledge of records keeping and report writing.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations and policies of the department.
- Ability to process information accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ability to maintain data files.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to make decisions and determine appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to type at a reasonable rate of speed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to operate data terminals and other equipment.
- Skill in the use and care of data processing and other computer equipment.
- Skill in typing with reasonable accuracy and speed.
- Skill in the operation and minor maintenance of office equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school and one (1) year general office or clerical experience including some computer entry work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Certification by State of Florida to perform and maintain functions in the Florida Crime Information Computer within six months.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing. Employee selected must have character suitable for this position.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of September 26, 2012. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
9/26/2013 will not be processed.