(031) $23.46 - $33.39 an hour     $48,796.80 - $69,451.20 a year|
JOB CODE: 731100
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: This is specialize work in providing highly responsible security work and operating a computerized security system to protect a municipal utility facility.
- Patrolling, on a limited basis, tasks of municipal utility facilities in order to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, sabotage, and other threats to the facility.
- Ensuring that facilities are secured and that the security systems are operational.
- Observing, resolving, and/or reporting any unusual conditions or activities.
- Assisting in monitoring and managing the Water Department's security computer system to include preparing reports, performing system maintenance, and being able to troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
- Coordinating the implementation of system enhancements and installation of computer equipment.
- Designing reports, and identifying and representing user needs.
- Participating in defining the specifications for new programs or program changes.
- Training other Security Officers on operation and maintenance of security equipment.
- Assisting in facilitating transaction/document flows through automated processing systems.
- Patrolling utility facilities on foot or in a lightweight motor vehicle to guard against fire, theft, vandalism, sabotage, and other disruptive acts.
- Ensuring that buildings, equipment and materials are secured; checks gates and doors to ensure that they are locked.
- Requesting police, fire or other assistance in resolving problems as necessary.
- Completing reports and forms such as accident reports, visitor lists, vehicles lists etc. when required.
- Maintaining security logs on inspections and personnel identifications.
- Controlling access to plant site by employees, vendors and contractors.
- Performing first aid as required.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of methods, equipment and procedures employed in computer Operations.
- Knowledge of mainframe, personal computer operating systems, software, hardware and peripheral device operations and security procedures and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of assigned department.
- Knowledge of training methods and techniques and basic reporting and records keeping procedures.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to address and solve problems with and without verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare documentation and reports.
- Ability to remain alert and observant while working alone.
- Ability to perform work requiring physical strength and endurance including the ability to work above the ground.
- Ability to climb ladders, work in confined spaces and lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to think and act quickly and calmly in emergencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, supervisors, employees, and the public.
- Ability to analyze information or situations, solve problems and recall information and events.
- Ability to prepare routine reports as required.
- Skill in the operation of a lightweight motor vehicle as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school with two (2) years of college credit, three (3) years of experience in working with computer networks, security computer systems, security devices, including but not limited to: installation, repairs, collection, input, analysis or dispersal of data into/out of a computerized security system; sworn law enforcement experience is preferred ; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:Possession of a valid Florida driver's license.Current Class D or higher Security License or ability to obtain within 18 months.First aid and CPR training or ability to obtain within 6 months.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing. A background investigation is conducted on candidates selected for appointment.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of October 10, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
10/10/2013 will not be processed.