(025) $17.11 - $24.37 an hour     $35,588.80 - $50,689.60 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate is responsible for customer service and technical work involving processing applications for utility service including customer service and billing support functions.
- Serving as the permitting liaison to process utilities related requirements for permits initiated through the Construction Service Division, Temple Terrace and Hillsborough County.
- Working directly with customers (phone, e-mail and walk-ins) to explain and assist with the requirements for submitting applications for utilities service.
- Aaccepting and processing the applications, determining, collecting, and processing related fees.
- Performing research to determine methods and requirements to obtain utility service.
- Discussing and providing related information to assist customers, engineers and developers on the methods and improvements to provide utility service to proposed projects.
- Creating and maintaining file for each utility service application.
- Recording, updating and maintaining the service request database used for tracking utility service applications.
- Coordinating with permitting agencies on permit holds and releases.
- Performing various accounting tasks associated with the collection and determination of utilities charges and fees, including: initiating and updating utility account information needed to activate and maintain new and existing utility accounts.
- Reviewing and processing billing data required for special user accounts and other accounts with specialized billing.
- Preparing and issuing related invoices.
- Collecting and processing information needed to establish new special user accounts and other accounts with specialized billing.
- Serving as Department liaison for new and existing special user accounts.
- Assisting with the review and resolution of billing disputes and account adjustments.
- Performing various customer service and other support duties as needed.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of: standard office practices and procedures; Microsoft Office applications.
Working knowledge of: utility construction permitting; municipal rules, regulations and ordinances relating utility service.
Some knowledge of: basic building and utility construction; state regulations relating to utility service.
Ability to: read and interpret plans and applications and provide guidance to customers; perform basic mathematical calculations with accuracy; read and comprehend codes and requirements; complete forms and other documents; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, developers, engineers,and the public.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school and three (3) years of administrative or technical experience (drafting, surveying, plans review or other construction technology) to include permit processing and support; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of October 17, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
10/17/2013 will not be processed.