(N33) $50,003.20 - $74,963.20 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plan; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The Employment Services Specialist is responsible for delivering a variety of high quality employment-related services to assigned departments. The responsibilities of the Employment Services Specialist include but are not limited to: conducting job classification and analysis; conducting job market surveys; writing job descriptions; providing consolidation, reorganization and layoff assistance to departments and impacted employees; participating in entrance and promotional exams; delivering all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
- Perform job analysis/redesign transactions for assigned departments, including those linked with consolidation and reorganization efforts.
- Review and evaluate positions for proper classification.
- Conduct salary surveys and make recommendations for proper pay grades.
- Develop and/or revise class descriptions.
- Maintain job code table.
- Execute a variety of recruitment and selection activities in consultation with assigned departments.
- Interact effectively with all levels of applicants, employees, and managers, answering questions and providing information.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of key employment initiatives.
- Focus on continuous improvement by making suggestions to improve employment processes and to eliminate non-value added work.
- Ensure compliance with internal, local, state, federal, civil service laws and regulations and accepted professional practices.
- Prepare concise, meaningful and effective written documents, reports and correspondence; collect, analyze and report on relevant data.
- Perform other mission critical duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in human resources, public or business administration, or a related field.
- Three (3) or more years of professional human resources experience that includes accountability for recruiting and interviewing, plus, any combination of experience in the following areas: job classification and analysis, employment testing, and/or, reorganization and outplacement assistance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work with all levels in an organization and to communicate effectively regarding sensitive and confidential matters.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects with a focus on quality, timeliness and accuracy.
- Strong research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Demonstrated initiative, ownership and customer-service skills, with the ability to function independently and as a member of a team.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Masterís degree and relevant experience, as described above.
- SPHR or PHR designation.
- Hands on experience with Human Resource Information Systems(HRIS),and/or other Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), to include report generation experience.
- Knowledge of municipal organizations, programs and activities as well as Civil Service law, rules and regulations.
- Experience with reorganizations, job analysis and redesign, employment testing, and layoff processing/counseling.
- Experience using behavioral interviewing techniques.
Evaluation of education and experience.Work samples and written materials may be requested of those who are selected for an interview. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of November 11, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
10-25-13; 11-6-13 (052210)
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
11/18/2013 will not be processed.