(ME ) $67,454.40 - $105,664.00 a year|
JOB CODE: 025800
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plan; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: As one of two principal assistants to the Budget Officer, the selected candidate will assist in planning, developing, organizing, scheduling and directing the analysis, preparation and administration of the City’s annual operating budget, its multi-year capital improvement budget, program budget, and certain state and federal aid budgets. Work is of unusual difficulty requiring extensive initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Develops schedules for the preparation of the various City budgets, the Truth in Millage (TRIM) process, and a variety of timetables relating to budgetary processes and reports.
- Recommends budget service levels; prepares cost benefit analyses, multi-year funding options and what-if scenarios.
- Oversees and monitors the process of allocation and control of the City’s fiscal resources at levels established by the Mayor and City Council.
- Coordinates and supervises the writing and publication of annual budget documents and reports including policy documents, resolutions and ordinances, technical manuals, and the like.
- Oversees and controls budget preparation, resolutions and amendments, budget related journal entries and grants using Oracle E-Business Suite’s financial modules of the City’s financial system and the federal online Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS); develops specifications for financial system reports, applications, databases and templates.
- Directs activities to develop the Capital Improvement Element (CIE) of the City’s comprehensive plan and ensures compliance with state guidelines; coordinates the City’s Capital Improvement Budget and modifications.
- Supervises and reviews the work of subordinates and ensures they are properly trained and motivated to produce high quality work; performs the full range of supervisory responsibilities including hiring, discipline, performance evaluation and the like.
- Serves as liaison between the Budget Office and various agencies; attends meetings on behalf of the Budget Officer; participates in numerous committees; consults with City officials and personnel on various budget related topics; coordinates special projects; acts as Budget Officer when requested.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree (preferably a master’s) in business or public administration, accounting or a related field, and a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in municipal budgeting, finance or administration, including experience in a supervisory capacity, and the operation of computers for the development of spreadsheets and other documents.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO) certification is preferred.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be evaluated on their education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment medical examinations.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of November 26, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
11/26/2013 will not be processed.