(023) $17.16 - $24.37 an hour     $35,692.80 - $50,689.60 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected applicant will be responsible for performing skilled and semi-skilled work involving general maintenance and repair.
- Performs general skilled and semi-skilled assignments in mechanical maintenance and repair of the Tampa Convention Center facilities, equipment, and devices including carpentry, painting, plumbing, welding, plastering, electrical repair and pipefitting..
- Repairs, installs electrical systems, electrical wiring and fixtures, and lighting equipment.
- Installs new plumbing such as pipes, valves, and faucets.
- Installs pumps, valves and compressors.
- Participates in installation and repair of sprinkler and underground irrigation systems, including laying pipes and electrical lines.
- Coordinates work of a maintenance crew.
- Operates high reach aerial lifts such as, gas driven articulating man lifts, scissor lifts, and one man personnel lifts to facilitate high reach work both inside and outside of the facility.
- Operates a variety of automotive equipment.
- Operates and maintains shop equipment.
- Some positions may require the employee to supervise or serve in a lead capacity.
- Operates telemetric irrigation controllers and Motorola central computer system.
- Works shifts as required to include normal day shifts, all off shifts and addressing emergencies on off hours including weekends.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of methods, practices, tools, and materials used in the Convention Center facilities, mechanical maintenance, and pools and fountains repair work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of operations associated with the Convention Center facilities, mechanical maintenance, and repair requiring physical strength.
- Ability to assign and supervise work of others, where required.
- Ability to work from oral or written instructions, blueprints, or drawings.
- Ability to operate high reach aerial lifts such as, gas driven articulating man lifts, scissor lifts, and one man personnel lifts to facilitate high reach work both inside and outside the facility.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
- Ability to work irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Skill in the use and care of tools and equipment pertinent to the performance of maintenance and repair work.
- Skill in the operation of various types of automotive equipment.
- Skill in the operation of computers with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school or vocational school and one (1) year experience in building and mechanical maintenance and repair work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driverís license; a valid Florida Commercial driverís license; and an Aquatic Facility Operator certification may be required.
EXAMINATIONSWritten Test (Time Limit: 2 hours). Submit your application first, then call our office to verify you are quaified to test. Applicants must telephone the Employment Services Office (813-274-8911) to schedule an appointment for the written test.(Photo Identification is required at time of testing.)Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of December 11, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
12/11/2013 will not be processed.