(N35) $57,220.80 - $85,779.20 a year|
JOB PURPOSE: This is responsible professional work involving a variety of engineering functions.
- Maintains the system-wide hydraulic model for the Tampa Water Department's service area and perform hydraulic modeling tasks needed in determining key strategies for the Department's transmission and distribution assets.
- Evaluates and prioritizes Capital Improvement Projects for the Department's transmission and distribution water mains by using the risk based analysis approach.
- Reviews large scale development projects that require infrastructure improvements to ensure appropriate system extension requirements are met.
- Provides documents as required by regulatory agencies to satisfypermit conditions.
- Reviews construction plans and specifications for water systems.
- Prepares and revises cost estimates for economic analysis of any given project.
- Formulates project plans or procedures, coordinates activities, and assists in systems design by completing models and studies, prepares reports and plans and recommendations with respect to future projects.
- Coordinates plans within department, with other municipal departments and outside sources, such as contractors, engineering firms, and governmental agencies.
- Reviews site plans, technical drawings and diagrams to determine conformance with technical standards.
- Reviews laboratory test reports and investigates failures of materials to meet specifications.
- Prepares specifications and researches use of new materials.
- Conducts field investigations, surveys, and inspections to collect information/evidence when necessary; performs special engineering research studies and investigations as directed.
- Makes project recommendations for inclusion in planning/design functions; applies a high degree of technical knowledge in plant engineering, operation and maintenance.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Working knowledge of: the principles and practices of the assigned area of engineering; federal, state, and municipal rules, regulations, ordinances, and other pertinent documents; developments and information in the assigned field of engineering.
Ability to: plan, design, direct, and review the work of others engaged in a variety of engineering assignments; read and interpret engineering data, blueprints, technical drawings and diagrams, plans, and specifications and draw sound conclusions; prepare and submit clear, concise reports, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and the general public.
Skill in: the use and care of engineering tools; Geographic Information System (GIS); reading and interpreting site plans and construction drawings; use of computer programs such as ArcMap, hydraulic modeling software such as Infowater, Microsoft Office, FrontPage and others.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in engineering, preferably related to the area of assignment, and one (1) year engineering experience. An acceptable transcript of college coursework/credits may be requested.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Driverís License. Engineering Intern (EI) designation is desirable.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of December 27, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
12/27/2013 will not be processed.