(024) $16.78 - $23.91 an hour     $34,902.40 - $49,732.80 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for specialized office, purchasing, work order, records keeping, and administrative activities.
- Maintaining work order data for proper record keeping via a work management database or a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Accepting incoming work order requests and independently dispatching all emergency requests.
- Tracking labor and materials via a work management system and providing periodic reports to management as requested.
- Utilizing software-reporting features to create reports and to modify records to comply with guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Establishing, maintaining, and monitoring departmental records, files and accounts.
- Reviewing city facility lease agreements to determine service responsibility.
- Monitoring contractual service agreements to ensure work is performed as specified by contract and vendors.
- Receiving and responding to difficult inquiries and complaints by establishing and promoting effective relationships with the public, customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Operating, cleaning and performing minor adjustments and maintenance on various office machines and equipment.
- Operating a variety of communications equipment as required.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of financial and/or budgetary principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English and mathematics, plus standard office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Working knowledge and extensive experience with Microsoft Office and other types of computer applications used (e.g., work management databases or computerized maintenance systems) for preparing various types of documents, spreadsheets and work order requests.
- Knowledge of appropriate municipal codes, ordinances, resolutions, regulations, programs, and policies.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, procedures, and functions of the assigned area.
- Ability to follow complex oral and/or written instructions, assimilate information, interpret written and numerical data, and arrive at decisions independently in accordance with established rules and regulations.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds if required.
- Ability and skill in the operation and minor maintenance of office equipment and computers.
QUALIFICATIONS:Graduation from an accredited high school and three (3) years of customer service experience with computer skills; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Three (3) years of office or clerical experience including computer skills, accounting, bookkeeping, and financial record keeping involving computerized maintenance management system, or, an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience using and troubleshooting TMA Systems (or similar) maintenance management software.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of January 23, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
1/23/2014 will not be processed.