(027) $18.54 - $26.38 an hour     $38,563.20 - $54,870.40 a year|
JOB CODE: 385000
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform responsible and technical work monitoring specialized Grantees, Sub-recipients and Housing Partners to ensure compliance with contract requirements fund source requirements regarding the City’s housing and community development programs.
- Generate and administer yearly project monitoring schedule report.
- Perform yearly monitoring of Grantees, Sub-recipients and Housing Partners, per Federal and State fund source requirements. This includes current year projects and projects still within their affordability period (ongoing monitoring).
- Perform HQS inspections of affordable housing units.
- Assist in the issuing of monitoring reports for all Grantees and Sub-recipients reviewed.
- Follow up on findings and pending action items, as stated in the monitoring reports until they have been satisfactorily completed.
- Coordinate, monitor and review all projects which have Davis-Bacon requirements for compliance.
- Perform Case Review Closeouts for all Client files for completeness and correctness prior to final closeout.
- Review all prospective rehabilitation client files for Housing Partners and Sub-recipients prior to their proceeding with clients.
- Make regular field reviews of work in progress and determines if contract’s guidelines have been completed in accordance with contract(s) and department policies.
- Compose or assist in the composition of a variety of contract and/or grant documents, utilizing correct legal terminology and format; prepares and maintains necessary documentation.
- Reviews progress reports prepares written reports.
- Assists in writing sub-recipient grants for various state or federal grants to be administered by the department.
- Monitors contracted activities to assure compliance with various grantor requirements, both by the city and independent contractors.
- Identifies properties acquired, rehabilitated, renovated, repaired or converted through grant monies and checks for city compliance with all applicable land development codes, building codes and use and maintenance standards.
- Reviews and monitors sub-recipient invoices and requests for reimbursement.
- Examines expenditure items to ensures costs are reasonable and allowable under grant provisions and that appropriate underlying documentation is maintained.
- Monitors percentage of monies utilized for administrative costs versus other costs to ensure operation within the prescribed grant amounts.
- Writes narratives explaining and answering questions regarding content and meaning of documents.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:Ability to read, interpret and apply Agreement and Grant requirements.Knowledge of HUD (Federal) and SHIP (State of Florida) grant fund requirements.Ability to conduct research and analytical activities.Ability to work independently and as a member of a team; manage and prioritize work effectively to meet reporting deadlines.Ability to counsel and communicate effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic backgrounds.Ability to maintain records and prepare written reports, specifically Excel spreadsheets.Knowledge of: computers and various software programs including word processing and spreadsheets.Office records keeping practices and methodsMaintain records and prepare concise oral and written reports; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials and the general public.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate’s degree in business, accounting or a related field and two (2) years experience in Contracts or Grant writing/compliance monitoring, as appropriate to the job; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing. A background investigation is conducted on candidates selected for appointment.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of January 22, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
1/22/2013 will not be processed.