(N33) $51,001.60 - $76,460.80 a year|
JOB CODE: 005101
BENEFITS:Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate is will perform office engineering functions; develop engineering design plans, analyzes plans and specifications, estimates costs, reviews requests for service, and performs area studies for problem analysis; researches easement and right-of-way conditions; designs systems for piping and equipment layout.
Under the supervision of Chief Planning Engineer of the Water Department Engineering Division Planning Section:
- Conducts some field work assignments as necessary.
- Maintains the system-wide hydraulic model for the Tampa Water Department's service area and perform hydraulic modeling tasks needed in determining key strategies for the Department's transmission and distribution assets.
- Evaluates and prioritizes Capital Improvement Projects for the Department's transmission and distribution water mains by using the risk based analysis approach.
- Reviews large scale development projects that require infrastructure improvements to ensure appropriate system extension requirements are met.
- Provides documents as required by regulatory agencies to satisfy permit conditions.
- Reviews construction plans and specifications for water systems.
- Prepares and revises cost estimates for economic analysis of any given project.
- Coordinates plans within department, with other municipal departments and outside sources, such as contractors, engineering firms, and governmental agencies.
- Reviews site plans, technical drawings and diagrams to determine conformance with technical standards.
- Reviews laboratory test reports and investigates failures of materials to meet specifications.
- Prepares specifications and researches use of new materials.
- Makes project recommendations for inclusion in planning/design functions; applies a high degree of technical knowledge in plant engineering, operation and maintenance.
- Trains sub-professional, technical, and clerical personnel,as required.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Some knowledge of: principles and practices of the assigned area of engineering; federal, state, and municipal rules, regulations and ordinances, and other pertinent documents; developments and information in assigned field of engineering.
Ability to: learn to plan, design, and review the work of others; read and interpret engineering plans, and specifications; analyze engineering data and draw sound conclusions; develop skill in the use and care of engineering tools; prepare and submit clear, concise reports both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and the general public.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in engineering preferably related to the area of assignment. NOTE: Individuals currently in their last semester of school may apply. Should they be selected prior to graduation, they will have six (6) months to complete their degree in order to retain their position.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida Driverís license. (A photocopy of the transcripts must be submitted with the application.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of March 24, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
3/24/2014 will not be processed.