(024) $16.78 - $23.91 an hour     $34,902.40 - $49,732.80 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
- Answers all inbound calls to the main telephone numbers for Tampa Convention Center.
- Greets all guests to the department.
- Provides administrative support to the Department.
- Provides customers information concerning established policies and procedures.
- Responds to queries and complaints from customers and event attendees.
- Performs information searches and compiles data on assigned projects;
- Utilizes computer to prepare correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
- Composes email and traditional mail correspondence on behalf of the department supervisor.
- Screens and routes telephone calls and visitors.
- Answers questions on the phone or in person to requests for information from the public, city, or other agencies; opens and distributes mail.
- Maintains calendar of appointments; schedules meetings and conferences to include preparing travel documents when needed.
- Establishes and maintains files, control logs, and other office records.
- Orders and distributes supplies; maintains physical inventory of supplies, forms, and equipment; processes purchase requisitions.
- Operates, cleans, and performs minor adjustments and limited maintenance on a variety of office machines and related equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance, repair, and servicing of equipment and/or facilities.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of: rules, regulations, procedures, and functions of the assigned area; laws, principles, and methods relating to parking enforcement and parking violations; events services in the convention industry.
Working knowledge of: Working knowledge of rules, regulations, administrative procedures, policies, and functions of the assigned department.
Ability to: make mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy; meet the general public, deal with customer service issues with sensitivity and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; analyze information and make appropriate recommendations; prepare clear and concise reports and maintain records using a variety of source materials; understand and follow complex oral and/or written instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS:Graduation from an accredited high school and three (3) years of experience in the field of customer service, problem resolution, or field inspections, with one (1) year of experience relating to the assigned area; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Candidates with experience in a convention center or convention hotel department or experience in the special event industry or closely related environment will be given preference.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driverís license may be required.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of April 17, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
4/17/2014 will not be processed.