(MC ) $61,172.80 - $95,888.00 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE:The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and managing the performance of the procurement, supply chain and contract management functions of the agencyís technology based business systems, including but not limited to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system(s), vendor/solicitation management and inter/intranet and shared work platforms.
- Manages, plans, coordinates and reviews the work of assigned staff; assigns work activities and coordinates schedules, projects, and programs; provides constructive feedback; reviews and evaluates work and makes effective suggestions and recommendations.
- Coaches, trains and motivates assigned staff; manages the workflow and prioritization of projects; measures the performance of assigned staff; provides advice and counsel; formulates developmental work plans for staff; and implements or recommends appropriate corrective action as necessary.
- Manages the technology based business systems to include strategic development, ongoing maintenance, and upgrades to meet the business needs of the Purchasing Department.
- Works with the department director and managers to develop and implement improved internal business processes, systems and tools, as well as with directors, managers and staff of other City departments.
- Develops and optimizes the ongoing interfaces with other ERP or integrated procurement systems, provide gap analysis on missing functionality or system improvements to streamline day to day operations.
- Evaluates and manages the integrity of information entered into the ERP system, and manages the resolution of system problems. Represents the Department on ERP committees and related projects.
- Manages and maintains the departmentís internal websites as effective sources for, and repositories of, procurement information for department staff and for City users of procurement and contract services.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; maintains awareness of new trends and developments in the fields related to areas of assignment; incorporates new developments as appropriate;
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: operational characteristics, services and activities of a City Purchasing Department; financial enterprise/ERP systems (Oracle EBS preferred) and particularly their procurement and contract management functionality; vendor and solicitation management systems; contract management and oversight procedures; management techniques and principles; procurement and contract management; procurement card programs and administration; document retention and management; budget management; pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
Skill in: business letter writing and basic report preparation, modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including personal computers and applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases; supervision, training, performance evaluations and customer service.
Ability to: provide clear communications and problem resolution with the system provider and for the divisionís professional procurement staff; establish and maintain effective working relationships with department staff, other City staff and managers and directors, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public; interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve and explain them to staff and other constituencies; prepares clear and concise reports using complex data from multiple sources; responds to inquiries with effective oral and written communication; applying project management techniques and principles; supervise, lead and delegate tasks and authority.
Suggested Minimum Qualifications:Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in public or business administration, procurement management, information systems management, or closely related field, and five (5) years of professional experience in procurement or contract management, including a minimum of two (2) years of management/supervisory responsibility; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) certification preferred.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 5, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/5/2014 will not be processed.