(028) $19.66 - $27.96 an hour     $40,892.80 - $58,156.80 a year|
JOB CODE: 339850
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform specialized work involving computer services support in the form of schedules, reports, and data base managing for supervisors.
- Assists in defining, developing, implementing, analyzing, and repairing/enhancing integrated report systems; coordinates the implementation of computer software applications; Develops, designs, supports, and maintains reports database, and other software programs that interface with SCADA and Historian Sequel Systems for creation updating and generating reports for Florida Administrative Code 62-550.730 and 62-528; Addresses system errors and deficiencies; serves as systems file manager to include authorizing, maintaining, and preparing the proper documentation for obtaining the security group levels and template options for each user within the reports database.
- Acts as liaison between department personnel; Provides training as needed; Provides statistical reports, receives, logs, reports, prioritizes, and tracks issues and problems concerning the operations report database; Participates in defining the specifications for new software programs, designing reports, and identifying and representing user needs.
- Assists in facilitating transaction/document flow for report systems; Develops operator work schedules in coordination with the Production Supervisor; Develops training curriculum, schedules classes, and prepares documentation which relates to new enhancements and special operational procedures; evaluates the performance of the report programs; develops program changes, designs reports, and identifies and represents user needs; serves on a variety of committees and participates in projects as assigned;
- Performs other related duties as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Working knowledge of: methods, equipment, and procedures employed in computer
operations, mainframe, personal computer operating systems, personnel software, database management and peripheral device operations.
Some knowledge of: training methods and techniques; Kronos; Oracle.
Ability to: Train others, address and solve complex problems with and without verbal and written instructions, prepare documentation and reports, establish and maintain effective
working relationships; communicate effectively both orally and in writing, plan, organize and establish priorities related to assignment; handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
Graduation from an accredited high school or vocational school (Associates Degree in computer science or management information systems preferable) and three (3) years of experience in a field directly related to the functions of the area to which the position is assigned; to include six (6) months of experience in working with personal computers, advanced application of word processing, collection, input, analysis, or dispersal of department data in/out of a mainframe computer; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of April 30, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
4/30/2014 will not be processed.