(N39) $65,478.40 - $98,217.60 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: he HR/Payroll Senior Applications Systems Programmer (Sr ASP) is responsible for managing and performing a variety of assignments relating to the analysis, design, configuration, implementation and support of the City of Tampa (City) HR/Payroll/Pension systems. A Sr ASP must exhibit initiative and independent judgment in completing assigned tasks, resolving critical issues and meeting time constraints.
- Gains an understanding of City HR, Payroll and Pension business systems/applications including functionality, environmental infrastructure and operational procedures/processes.
- Gathers and analyze user/system requirements to prepare concise and detailed design documents which accurately reflect the requested changes to the affected system.
- Assists users in query and report development utilizing the business intelligence (BI) tools for the application.
- Consults with users to determine configuration changes to support the Cityís business, union and legal requirements.
- Prepares test plans for all phases of testing including unit, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Develops and/or modify system operations and user documentation.
- Conducts user training on new functions, procedures and processes.
- Analyzes and resolves system/application problems.
- Analyzes and document the impact of system upgrades on base system functions and customizations;
- Maintains working knowledge and expertise in City business functions and supporting applications.
- Manages medium to large projects and change requests.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: (Experience with/Working Knowledge of): HR, Payroll and/or Pension processes, procedures and business functions;Project Management methodology and toolsets;Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) and Kronos application functional, configuration and technical components;Oracle EBS Development Tools, Oracle Reports Developer, Oracle Database, PL/SQL, Cobol, VSAM, CICS, MVS JCL, MS Office, MS Project and MS Visio.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in computer science or a related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in computer programming, systems analysis and/or database administration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Desired Qualifications:Minimum of 5 years experience in a related position.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 16, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
4-22-14; 5-6-14; 5-13-14 (000963)-HR/PAYROLL/PENSION APPLICATIONS
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/16/2014 will not be processed.