(N35) $55,827.20 - $83,678.40 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
POSITION PURPOSE:The Applications Systems Analyst (ASA) is responsible for performing a variety of functional and technical assignments relating to the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and production support of the City of Tampa (City) Public Safety systems. Tasks include interpreting and documenting functional/system specifications, configuring and supporting business applications, software testing, implementation and support of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software packages, software development/support of multiple hardware/software platforms and coordination with the business units, vendors, and other technical resources to create and implement solutions. Although under general supervision, an ASA must exhibit initiative and independent judgment in completing assigned tasks and meeting time constraints. Work assignments may be performed individually or as a member of a project team. This position may be subject to on-call status to provide 24-hour/7 day service.
- Gain an understanding of City Public Safety business systems/applications including functionality, environmental infrastructure and operational procedures/processes.
- Gather and analyze user/system requirements to prepare concise and detailed documents which accurately reflect the requested changes to the affected system.
- Create detailed programming and other technical specifications.
- Write and/or implement software programs that meet design specifications.
- Assist users in query and report development.
- Prepare test plans for all phases of testing including unit, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Develop and/or modify system operations and user documentation.
- Analyze and resolve system/application problems.
- Analyze and resolve mobile device/application problems.
- Analyze and document the impact of system upgrades on base system functions and customizations.
- Participate in evaluation, implementation, upgrade and support of COTS products.
- Maintain working knowledge and expertise in City business functions and supporting applications.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES (Experience with/Working Knowledge of):
- MS Office, MS Project, Visio, Business Process Modeling.
- Windows environments (desktop and server): Navigation and support applications in Windows environments;SQL Server: Relational DB Design/Analysis, SQL Server Development, Transact SQL, Stored Procedures, ODBC, HTML, XML, FTP, System interfaces, interoperability and automation.
- Ability to conduct independent research and prepare reports; analyze information and document procedures and processes.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills;
- Must work in a collaborative environment across multiple teams (team player).
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES (Experience with/Working Knowledge of):
- Public Safety business functions and practices.
- Security: Active Directory (AD).
- Visual C#, Visual Basic/Script.
- Crystal Reports XI or higher: Creation and maintenance, sub-reports and variables.
- Mobile communications: Laptops, MDTs, Handheld Devices, Wi-Fi, Wireless/Cellular, Netmotion.
- Linux/Unix, Informix, Oracle, iSeries/AS400, MS Access.
- Business analysis concepts.
QUALIFICATIONS:Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in computer science or a related field and at least one (1) years of experience in business systems (analyzing data and manual systems for data processing application); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Experience Requirements:
Minimum of 3 years experience in business systems(analyzing data and manual systems for data processing application).
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of June 1, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
4-25-14; 4-30-14(000972)Public Safety Applications
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
6/1/2014 will not be processed.