(022) $15.58 - $22.12 an hour     |
Part-time - 29 hours.
JOB CODE: 112200
BENEFITS: Option to join the City’s health and dental programs at full-cost; paid holidays, pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans, plus those benefits required by law such as social security and worker’s compensation.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate is responsible for instructing participants in the technical fundamentals of gymnastics and/or dance at an assigned recreation area.
- Creating lesson plans, promoting, organizing, and teaching gymnastics and/or dance classes.
- Preparing participants for gymnastics meets and dance showcases.
- Developing training classes, curriculum and lesson plans.
- Providing assistance to instructors in the development of plans for classes and competition.
- Organizing fund-raising projects.
- Planning and promoting exhibitions.
- Inspecting and maintaining gymnastics equipment.
- Collecting dues and completing financial records.
- Ensuring adherence to proper safety measures.
- Attending and conducting sessions at meetings, workshops, and training clinics.
- Coordinating programs and activities with coworkers and supervisor.
- Promoting good public relations with community.
- Answering phones and providing information regarding programs and use of center.
- Coordinating schedules in order to insure adequate staffing of unit.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of principles, rules, materials, and equipment requirements of gymnastics and dance activities.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee a specialized recreational activity; stimulate interest and enthusiasm of various age groups in gymnastics and dance activities.
- Ability to organize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to administer first aid.
- Ability to perform activities requiring physical strength and endurance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to demonstrate the execution of beginner and intermediate levels of instructions.
- Skill in the execution of gymnastics and dance activities; use and care of pertinent equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school and completion of two (2) years of college with three (3) years experience in teaching gymnastics and/or dance; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a: Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate within six (6) months of appointment; a valid Florida driver's license might be required; U.S.A. Gymnastics Safety Certification within one (1) year of appointment.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing. Employee selected must have character suitable for this position. A background investigation and polygraph examination will be conducted on the candidate selected for employment.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 15, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/15/2014 will not be processed.