(S09) $40,747.20 - $61,048.00 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE:The selected applicant will be responsible for performing supervisory and administrative work managing multiple aquatic facilities.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises programming, custodial and maintenance activities for multiple aquatic facilities.
- Assigns, schedules, trains, supervises, and reviews the work of subordinates; completes performance evaluations; administers discipline; recommends hiring, promotions, and transfers; responds to grievances; interprets rules, regulation, policies and procedures for staff; plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Ensures compliance with applicable safety, maintenance and programming practices and standards.
- Collects, tracks, and deposits fees; manages attendance and financial records.
- Coordinates the provision of resources including supplies, tools and equipment.
- Solicits active interest, participation and the support of neighborhood and community groups.
- Organizes, promotes, and evaluates programs, classes, and special events designed to meet community needs.
- Creates and promotes a team atmosphere within the department.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of: appropriate practices, methods, and techniques of aquatic maintenance and programming.
Working knowledge of: proper cash management practices.
Ability to: prepare and interpret written reports and impart them effectively; maintain proper records; implement appropriate practices, methods, and techniques of parks and recreation maintenance and programming; coordinate with public and private groups to develop partnerships; plan, assign, coordinate, supervise, and review the work of subordinate personnel; establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinate personnel, peers, representatives of other city departments, and the public.
Skill in: verbal and written communications.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school with two (2) years of college coursework in parks and recreation administration or a related field and five (5) years of experience in conduct of parks and recreation activities including two (2) years as a lead worker; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Experience in youth, athletic, senior programming, grounds and building maintenance, and some knowledge of standard Recreation software is highly desired.CPRP certification designation is desired.
Possession of: a valid Florida driverís license.CPR/First Aid certification required within 6 months of employment.Possession of American Red Cross Lifeguard, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, and Certified Parks and Recreation Professional certifications are desirable.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing. Employee selected must have character suitable for this position.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 7, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/7/2014 will not be processed.