(032) $22.98 - $32.74 an hour     $47,798.40 - $68,099.20 a year|
JOB CODE: 504310
JOB PURPOSE : The selected candidate will be responsible for participating in the performance of architectural or civil drafting assignments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Prepare Maintenance of Traffic Plans, cross sections and roadway construction plans relating to transportation infrastructure and traffic/public safety issues. Prepare Computer Automated Design (CAD) maps, sketches, and presentation materials, using advanced computer software including AutoCAD, and ArcGIS. Prepare Geographical Information Systems (GIS) updates pertaining to sidewalks, roadway classifications and speed limits, functional classifications of roadways, and truck routes. Maintain all Stormwater as-built records from roadway designs, incorporate with existing GIS data. Applies standard formulas to calculate area, distance, grade, elevations, etc.; performs mathematical calculations to prepare reports and complete work projects.
- Assist the general public and engineering customersí requests electronically and counter service. Assist other departments with graphic layouts, design materials, and PowerPoint presentations. Assist section supervisor during absences with general public and engineering requests. Develop electronic base maps for Tampa Police Department (TPD) to utilize in developing collision diagrams. Develop Traffic Control Plans for TPD Special Operations Unit to utilize for the Special Event planning.
- Applies standard formulas to calculate area, distance, grade, elevations, etc.; performs mathematical calculations to prepare reports and complete work projects; acts as team leader on a project basis.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, technical drawings, and diagrams to determine proper interface configurations; reviews drawings prepared/submitted by others to identify conflicts with actual field conditions/assure compliance with plans and specifications; answers requests for information from the public, city, or other agencies.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: symbols, terminology, and accepted standards used in preparing engineering drawings; equipment, facilities, and systems of the particular field of engineering assigned; basic drafting techniques including standardized drawing techniques.
Working knowledge of: charting and graphing procedures and practices; advanced civil drafting techniques; computer assisted drafting systems; legal terminology used in property descriptions.
Some knowledge of: data storage and retrieval systems.
Ability to: prepare unusual nonstandard drawings; read and interpret construction plans, surveying, and engineering data; prepare project cost and time estimates; communicate moderately complex information; work effectively in a group setting; establish and maintain effective working relationships; perform complex mathematical calculations.
Skill in: the use and care of drafting tools, material, and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school and completion of two (2) years of college in engineering drafting or related subjects with five (5) years of experience in drafting and computer-aided design; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:Possession of a valid Florida driverís license may be required.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 8, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/8/2014 will not be processed.