(N35) $55,827.20 - $83,678.40 a year|
JOB CODE: 083300
JOB PURPOSE. This is technical work involving installation and support of the municipal computer inter-network.
- Research , respond to and resolve complex questions received via telephone calls, callbacks, email, help desk software or escalations.
- Investigate and resolve data transport and connectivity issues in accordance with current standards.
- Coordinates and supports technical support processes among City sites to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on user satisfaction and productivity.
- Monitors the status of open work orders for themselves and their team.
- Monitors various system and network devices to assess the network’s availability.
- Design, configure and troubleshoot the City’s data transport network.
- Coordinate with other T&I Teams and vendors/contractors in order to complete your job assignments.
- Provide written documentation; including reports and technical drawings.
- Keep technical drawings current and available to all other authorized employees/contractors.
- On Call for after hour support of the City’s data network as needed.
- Flexible work hours as needed to support the City’s after hours data network needs.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of problem management processes.
- Extensive experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers.
- Working and theoretical knowledge of OSI layers 1, 2 and 3.
- Extensive knowledge of common routing protocols, including but not limited to OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
- Solid knowledge of network IP address standards as well as subnet masking.
- Extensive experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet handshake protocols, including speed, duplex and PoE.
- Working knowledge of router/switch debugging procedures.
- Working knowledge of ICMP, Trace route and sniffer packet capturing processes.
- Working knowledge of tunneling and encrypting technologies.
- Demonstrable good customer service skills.
- Demonstrable good verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrable good written communications skills including technical documentation.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities in a complex environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to efficiently handle several tasks simultaneously.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree with appropriate computer related coursework and one (1) year experience in troubleshooting and repairing computer network hardware and software; or, an associate’s degree in a computer-related field and three (3) years experience in troubleshooting and repairing computer network hardware or software; equivalent combination of education and experience. Note: An acceptable transcript of college coursework/credits may be requested.
Preferred Qualifications: Network related certifications including Cisco CCNA, CCDA or other Cisco certifications. Extensive experience in designing, building, and troubleshooting networks, including OSI layers 1, 2 and 3.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing. Candidates considered for employment must pass a thorough background investigation including, but not limited to education, work history, and criminal background.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 11, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/11/2014 will not be processed.