(024) $16.78 - $23.91 an hour     $34,902.40 - $49,732.80 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing activities involving the receipt, verification, inventory, issuance, and delivery of various supplies, parts, materials, instruments, tools, and equipment.
- Maintaining inventories and requisitions materials as needed.
- Meeting requirements for varying of product stock levels as related to event demands.
- Directing the return of defective or incorrect items and the disposal, repair or replacement of depreciated, worn, damaged, or obsolete stock.
- Analyzing, developing, and recommending projects to improve inventory control process.
- Developing and recommending strategies to acquire items to meet specific needs including special ordering, bulk purchasing, special shipping techniques, and standardization of items.
- Operating a lightweight motor vehicle as required to pick up and deliver materials; loads and unloads items from truck, including supplies, equipment, and materials utilizing a platform truck, as required.
- Editing inventory reports making adjustments and/or corrections as necessary; requisitions items that fall below minimum quantity levels.
- Contacting vendors for availability, price quotations, terms, delivery, and discounts on stock items; keeps inventory control files.
- Performing clerical and office work in support of storekeeping functions; maintains records, logs, and ledgers related to area of work.
- Training lower level inventory personnel; overseeing work activities.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: standard methods, practices and procedures employed in the acquisition of inventory items; inventory maintenance and control; purchasing and requisitioning practices and procedures; records keeping as employed in an inventory operation; freight rates, shipping techniques, and special ordering procedures; municipal purchasing laws, regulations, and procedures.
Ability to: predetermine demand of consumables based on event schedules; analyze data and draw sound conclusions; formulate and present recommendations; prepare and present oral and written reports; establish and maintain records keeping and inventory systems; perform mathematical computations with speed and accuracy; conduct inventories and maintain electronic records; perform work requiring physical exertion; understand and follow oral and written instructions; operate motor vehicles and other machines skillfully and safely; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Familiarity with: maintenance practices in large, event related building(s).
QUALIFICATIONS:Graduation from an accredited high school or vocational school and three (3) years experience in storekeeping, warehousing, or purchasing experience, preferably in a large hospitality or hotel venue; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driverís license; a valid Florida commercial driverís license may be required.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
A background investigation and polygraph examination will be conducted on the candidate selected for employment.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 14, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/14/2014 will not be processed.