(027) $18.91 - $26.91 an hour     $39,332.80 - $55,972.80 a year|
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITH HUMAN RESOURCES - EMPLOYEE RELATIONS DEPARTMENT.
JOB CODE: 051300
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for work involving the support of human resources activities in a central services division.
- Provides instructions to candidates, administers and monitors examinations; grades examinations using keys or computer scoring; enters test and eligibility information into database; prepares certifications as instructed.
- Reviews all personnel actions submitted by city departments and processes as appropriate; ensures that all documentation is completed, medicals and drug screens passed, and other processes completed prior to putting employees on the payroll system.
- Receives documents for employee wage garnishments such as child support and income tax levies and processes according to the applicable laws; processes all optional payroll deductions to reflect in paychecks such as union dues, insurances, savings bonds, salary overpays, and lost or damaged property reimbursements.
- Researches personnel related policies, procedures, laws etc. in order to provide information to others; researches files and records to secure information needed to resolve questions or determine appropriate processing; researches personnel policies and procedures, bargaining agreements, personnel files, etc to determine correct actions to take in regard to employee or applicants, using computer to access data as necessary.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: modern human resources administration principles and practices; civil service rules and regulations; personnel policies, procedures and union contracts, and the ability to apply this knowledge to the processing of personnel transactions; laws, rules and regulations pertinent to municipal personnel/payroll processing; standard office practices and procedures; municipal organization, programs and policies.
Ability to: understand and follow complex oral and written instructions; work independently and complete activities assigned; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives of other agencies, and the public; detect errors, maintain accurate records, conduct research of files and records, and prepare reports; prepare basic mathematical calculations; utilize computer applications.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school, supplemented by course work in business administration, computers or a related field, and three (3) years of experience in data collection and specialized personnel administration activities which included the application of rules, regulations, policies, laws, and contracts; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 8, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/8/2014 will not be processed.