(N39) $65,478.40 - $98,217.60 a year|
BENEFITS: Annual leave; sick leave; paid holidays, pension plan, deferred retirement options, medical and life insurance coverage.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected applicant will be responsible for technical analysis work with an emphasis on supporting an enterprise virtual server environment consisting of Windows and LINUX servers.
- Designing, implementing, upgrading, and troubleshooting virtual server infrastructure in support of City of Tampa customers.
- Performing server operating system installation, memory and storage configuration, and Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) connectivity using TCPIP protocol.
- Performing Microsoft Active Directory administrative functions for the server environment.
- Upgrading Windows servers and virtual server hosts with the latest application software and security patches.
- Providing monitoring and tuning of the virtual server environment using enterprise monitoring and configuration tools.
- Creating new virtual machines using input from application specifications, and migrating physical servers to the virtual environment.
- Upgrading and introducing new generations of technology to the Cityís server environment.
- Providing system troubleshooting and third-level support for server operations.
- Providing backup support for the LINUX/UNIX system administrator.
- Documenting hardware configurations and monitoring license usage.
- Conducting capacity planning, cost-benefit analyses and technical research.
- Consulting across departmental teams to resolve technical issues.
- Managing high profile/impact server consolidation projects, using City of Tampa change management guidelines.
- Conducting and participating in training programs to maintain existing competencies and develop new skills.
- Flexible work hours as needed for after-hours support of critical systems
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere application and Windows server operating system and Active Directory management.
- Excellent knowledge of TCPIP networking and DNS/DHCP configuration.
- Experience with LINUX/UNIX operating systems.
- Ability to think independently and exercise initiative and good judgment in selecting work methods and performing assigned tasks.
- Skill in problem solving, decision making and communication.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in computer science or related and a minimum of two (2) years experience in a network environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or MCP certification, LINUX/UNIX experience.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS:VMware Certified Associate (VCA), experience with VMware vSphere 5 Enterprise.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment medical examinations.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 15, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/15/2014 will not be processed.