(N33) $51,001.60 - $76,460.80 a year|
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITH PARKS & RECREATION.
JOB CODE: 065000
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for work involving the oversight of city-wide scheduling of special events and the scheduled use of parks and recreation facilities.
- Schedules and coordinates city-wide events for parks and recreation facilities; maintains a master calendar of events to preclude booking conflicts; prepares and distributes a monthly calendar of events in print and on the web; serves as liaison between event promoters and the city.
- Develops and updates operating guidelines and other documents to assist event promoters in organizing activities; keeps abreast of other department and other governmental agenciesí regulations affecting events and keeps promoter apprised of same; maintains website information relevant to special event processes.
- Sets up meetings for major events with promoter, city staff, and other affected parties; compiles information specific to each event for disseminating to other affected city departments and other affected parties; continually updates event memos for distribution to keep staff informed of changes as they arise; oversees events to ensure proper completion and resolve problems.
- Creates individual event files; keeps accurate records on discussions and communicates with promoters on particular needs and requirements; informs promoter of issues involving street closures, security/police, insurance, etc.; prepares permits, hold-harmless agreements, and event response forms for completion by promoters (and vendors, when applicable); verifies that payments are made and that insurance is received; conducts event follow up by compiling notes on recurring events to create documentation of problems to be avoided in the future.
- Serves as manager on duty during an event and is assigned all the decision making power necessary to function in that capacity.
- Manages vending activities in parks and recreation facilities.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: applicable city, county and state rules, regulations, procedures, and functions regarding all aspects of event management; effective public information dissemination principles and techniques; effective planning, scheduling and management techniques and procedures; legal requirements of contracts and insurance.
Working knowledge of: standard office practices and procedures including records keeping; methods and techniques used in event promotion; computer operation and website management.
Ability to: maintain accurate records and prepare clear and accurate reports; follow complex oral and written instructions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, event promoters, vendors, and the general public.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in recreation, communications, public relations, marketing, social sciences, or a related field, and three (3) years of experience in events coordination, meeting planning, advertising, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driverís license.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 9, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/9/2014 will not be processed.