(024) $16.78 - $23.91 an hour     $34,902.40 - $49,732.80 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected applicant will perform administrative work involving office clerical, customer service, purchasing and technical related activities.
- Performs clerical work and coordinates activities to relieve leadership team of details; establishes, maintains, and monitors municipal or department records, files and accounts; handles confidential documents according to procedures in order to maintain their security; assists in providing input into and control of annual budgets; may be responsible for preparation of documents, deposits, accounts, payroll, employee forms, summaries, and reports; may coordinate or plan workshops and community meetings.
- Uses the on-line purchasing and financial system (ORACLE, KRONOS); orders, verifies, stores, and distributes office supplies, forms, uniforms and equipment; completes payment transactions; maintains physical inventory; prepares property control forms for fixed assets, etc.
- Types or uses a computer to prepare correspondence, articles, reports, minutes, contracts, resolutions, affidavits, specifications, and other materials from copy, rough draft or general instructions; operates computer for data calculations, record keeping, entering/retrieving data to ensure accuracy of files and complete records of transactions.
- Takes calls and initiates customer records and service requests through the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS); forwards requests to appropriate supervisor, team leader or planner/scheduler; responds to Customer Service Center requests. Receives and responds to more difficult inquiries and complaints by establishing and promoting effective relationships with the public, municipal officials, and other employees; explains functions and services of division; makes proper referrals; attends to complaints, records type of action and results; maintains directories, schedules, maps, and logs.
- Assigns manhole numbers and updates atlas pages.
- Maintains schedules for processing departmental records through the records management system.
- Operates, cleans, and performs minor adjustments and maintenance on various office machines and equipment; operates phone or radio system to contact technicians in field.
- Participates in processing of departmental employee transactions, including time cards and performance evaluation forms; prepares and maintains employee personnel, payroll and related budgetary files and records; coordinates activities with Employment Services, Employee Relations and various accounting offices to include providing appropriate written notifications when required.
- Completes Worker's Compensation forms.
- Provides information to employees regarding status, separation pay, overtime, and other matters, either in person or by telephone; responds to inquiries regarding personnel policies and procedures, referring as appropriate.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of:business English and mathematics; standard office practices, procedures, and equipment; use of computers where required. Working knowledge of: municipal organization, programs and policies; rules,regulations, procedures, and functions of the assigned area as well as appropriate municipal codes, ordinances, resolutions and regulations, organization, programs, and policies; computer applications to include Kronos, Oracle, CMMS and Microsoft Office.
Ability to: understand and follow complex oral and/or written instructions; prepare clear and concise written reports; maintain complex records; edit and correct correspondence and reports for final typing or production; work independently and complete activities assigned; perform basic mathematical computations, detect errors, and maintain accurate records and prepare reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with municipal employees; meet and effectively communicate with the general public.
Ability and skill in: operation and minor maintenance of office machinery and equipment; typing or operating computer accurately and at a prescribed rate of speed,when required.
QUALIFICATIONS: High-school graduation and three (3) years office or clerical experience with typing and computer skills, including one (1) year experience in customer service, or problem resolution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of August 8, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
8/8/2014 will not be processed.