(S11) $44,595.20 - $66,788.80 a year|
JOB CODE: 116200
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: This is supervisory and administrative work managing grounds maintenance functions of a group of parks or a large major park.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises grounds maintenance, horticultural and ornamental activities for a community center and adjoining park amenities and/or park or group of parks.
- Develops, organizes, and conducts trainings for permanent and seasonal Grounds Maintenance staff including, safety procedures, turf maintenance and management, and grounds maintenance equipment operation and management.
- Organizes necessary equipment; inspects work in progress, issues instructions and offers solutions to problems.
- Initiates work orders for repairs; maintains records; requisitions, and accounts for supplies and equipment inventory; recommends changes and adjustments to operating procedures to improve productivity.
- Oversees medium and large landscape and grounds maintenance projects.
- Assigns, schedules, trains, supervises, and review the work of subordinates; completes performance evaluations; administers discipline; recommends hiring, promotions, and transfers; responds to grievances; interprets rules, regulation, policies and procedures for staff; plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Ensures compliance with applicable safety, maintenance practices and standards.
- Collects, tracks, and deposits fees; manages attendance and financial records.
- Coordinates the provision of resources including supplies, tools and equipment.
- Solicits active interest, participation and the support of neighborhood and community groups.
- Organizes, promotes, and evaluates staff , and special events designed to meet community needs.
- Creates and promotes a team atmosphere within the department.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: appropriate practices, methods, and techniques of parks and recreation maintenance.
Working knowledge of: key practices of horticultural and grounds maintenance procedures; tools materials, horticultural chemical application, appropriate safety practices, plant and turf physiology; proper cash management practices.
Ability to: prepare, interpret and implement landscape plans and procedures, train subordinate personnel; coordinate with public and private groups to develop partnerships; plan, assign, coordinate, supervise, and review the work of subordinate personnel; establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinate personnel, peers, representatives of other city departments, and the public.
Skill in: verbal and written communications.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school with two (2) years of college coursework in parks and recreation administration or a related field and five (5) years of experience in conduct of parks and recreation activities including three (3) years as a lead worker or a supervisor; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
PREFERRED REQUIRMENTS: Five (5) years experience in Grounds and Turf Maintenance, Horticultural and Agricultural experience. Experience in Irrigation Repair is a plus.
Possession of: a valid Florida driverís license.Possession of First Aid, CPR and Certified Parks and Recreation Professional certifications are desirable.Possession of DACís Licensure is desirablePossession of CPO Licensure is desirable
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of April 22, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
4-8-14; 4-14-14 (116200)
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
8/14/2014 will not be processed.