(S17) $58,344.00 - $87,484.80 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE:The selected candidate will supervise and participate in a variety of affordable housing and community development or project planning activities.
- Plans, assigns, schedules, supervises, and reviews the work of subordinate professionals; recommends such personnel actions as employments, promotions, transfers, demotions, suspensions, and dismissals; responds to requests for leave; completes performance evaluations; administers required discipline; serves as initial respondent to grievances; trains and orients new employees and provides technical advice and guidance to all subordinates.
- Coordinates and participates in preparation and production of major affordable housing and community development plans and/or grant applications; develops work programs and schedules, including coordination of tasks performed by personnel in other departments and components completed or contributed to by outside agencies or advisory committees; serves as liaison with other agencies and departments to ensure completion in a timely and accurate manner; reviews and revises as needed plans and/or grant applications to ensure quality, accuracy, and conformance with applicable regulations and procedures; supervises and participates in development, drafting, revision, and recommendation of program/project plans to address economic, social and physical problems and needs; collects, assimilates, analyzes, and interprets data and indicators regarding housing and community development conditions; prepares projections of changes in conditions and needs for specific services and programs; oversees development of broad or particularized plans which document existing conditions, needs, goals, objectives, policies, work programs, implementation strategies, and budgets; supervises and participates in evaluation of plans and proposals from outside agencies and budget submissions from departments relative to housing and community development needs and plans; oversees development of grant requests for funds to implement programs/projects; ensures that plans are revised to address changing conditions and needs and to facilitate implementation; oversees and participates in administration of grant projects, including budget formulation and revision, and project revisions and closure activities.
- Conducts/participates in meetings and public hearings to discuss, develop, or explain plans and recommendations; presents recommendations regarding plans and other proposals to various municipal officials; maintain liaison with representatives of departments and outside agencies to determine planning needs and provide assistance; serves on various planning committees as representative of department or municipal interests; provides technical advice and guidance to study committees and community groups.
- Interprets regulations in order to ensure compliance with same; researches, identifies, reviews, and analyzes potential grant and other funding sources; reviews publications to maintain awareness of affordable housing and community planning development and changes in governmental programs and regulations.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: principles and practices of urban planning; federal, state, and municipal legislation impacting affordable housing and community development planning efforts; methods and techniques of report and grant application preparation; planning principles, practices, and program content in a particular subject area might be required; grant administration practices and procedures might be required.
Working knowledge of: research techniques and data sources; effective supervisory techniques.
Ability to: plan, assign, supervise, and review the work of subordinate personnel; plan and coordinate development of plans, reports, and grant applications; collect, assimilate, analyze, and interpret data and draw sound conclusions; prepare oral and written reports and impart them effectively; formulate sound recommendations and present them effectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinate personnel, other employees, municipal officials, and the general public.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a masterís degree in planning, public administration, or a related field and three (3) years of urban planning, affordable housing and community development grant administration. A bachelorís degree in a field delineated above, coupled with six (6) months of responsible supervisory or program coordination experience, might constitute a substitution for the masterís degree requirement. Some positions might require specialized training or experience as a condition for initial employment in this class.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of September 5, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
9/5/2014 will not be processed.